Topic: Park bandrooms

Topic type:

Tells of the building on the new bandrooms.

Bandrooms 


In 1984 the Masterton Municipal Band came to the council with plans for a new bandroom.  Its old rooms, built in late 1906, were in poor repair and unsatisfactorily for its requirements.  The band consulted Colin Pugh, who thought a site on Park Avenue, just west of the superintendent's house, would be most appropriate.  He suggested an octagonal building, reflecting the shape of the nearby fernery and band rotunda.  The foundations for the new bandrooms were laid in late 1984, and the building erected largely by volunteer labour.  It was opened om March 15 1986.

Park bandrooms


City:Masterton