Pirinoa

Original Filename: Pirinoa_096.jpg ( not available for download )

Pirinoa.

Caption

 

096

Pirinoa

 

Situated in the South Wairarapa, 22 miles from Featherston and 17 from Martinborough, extending from the narrows between Lake Wairarapa and Lake Onoke to steep hills rising to 1300 ft. The station was taken up by Duncan McDougall in 1877. After his death in 1891 as a result of drowning, the property was managed by his sons and family over the years, with Ramsay McDougall in control until his death in 1940. Miss Euphemia McDougall had in 1914 married H.G. Didsbury of Wellington. Two of the sons, Duncan M. and B.G. Didsbury were the major owners with Duncan managing the property until his retirement in 1971, when his son Tony Didsbury took over the running of the property.

 

NOTE: The information contained here is a result of Des De Stefano's own research and was current at the time he was working on the project.