Papatahi 2

Original Filename: Papatahi_071-108__2_of_3_.jpg ( not available for download )

Papatahi 2.

Caption

071-108

Papatahi

 

Situated South of Featherston off Western Lake Rd. in the area between Lakes Wairarapa and Onoke. Originally part of the giant Waiorongomai block first taken up by Charles Matthews in 1855. It came about as one of the sub-divisions of the property among family members. At the time of this division Alfred Matthews had four sons, the eldest son Charles bought Opoura, Norman Bought Wharepapa, Raymond bought the homestead block of Waiorongamai, and Harold bought Papatahi. In 1905 a substantial homestead was built then in 1920 additions were completed. Harold had two daughters and the property has stayed within the family.

 

NOTE: The information contained here is a result of Des De Stefano's own research and was current at the time he was working on the project.