Glendhu

Original Filename: Glendhu_109.jpg ( not available for download )

Glendhu.

Caption

109

Glendhu

 

Situated on the East coast of the Wairarapa, on the northern banks of the Pahaua river, 30 miles south-east of Martinborough. Glendhu was originally part of the giant Pahaua station which had been taken up by Donald Cameron after he had negotiated direct with the Maoris to lease the land off them in 1846. In 1882 the Pahaua block was divided between the brothers with John taking the 11671 acre homestead station of Pahaua, Duncan taking the 5993 acre Glendhu and the inland block Kaikuri of 2553 sold to a partnership of John, D.F. and W. Cameron.

 

NOTE: The information contained here is a result of Des De Stefano's own research and was current at the time he was working on the project.