Puruatanga

Original Filename: Puruatanga_057.jpg ( not available for download )

Puruatanga.

Caption

057

Puruatanga

 

Situated at Martinborough. John Martin Jnr. was the owner, one of the two sons (John and William) of the Hon. John Martin, the original owner of the 30,000 acre Huangarua run that had been sub-divided to form the town of Martinborough plus two main farms. The original homestead burnt down in 1900 claiming the lives of five. A second homestead was built in 1915 by John Martins son Walter. This also burnt down in 1970.

 

NOTE: The information contained here is a result of Des De Stefano's own research and was current at the time he was working on the project.